[Cdash] External programs accessing CTest/CDash database

Zack Galbreath zack.galbreath at kitware.com
Thu May 21 13:42:36 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 10:43 PM, Bill V <vodall at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any sample projects available where the CTest database is
> accessed by scripts outside of the web interface for various data
> queries and extraction?

Here's an example Python script used by the VTK developers to more easily
track down failing tests:

https://github.com/Kitware/VTK/blob/master/Utilities/Maintenance/vtk_fail_summary.py

In general, it is a goal of ours to make it easier to access the
information in the CDash database.  We've made some progress on this
recently, but it will still be some time before this effort is complete.

>    We'd like to create a CSV file of build
> timings for reports other than what is currently available.  The
> information to do it is in the CDash scripts but if there's some
> python or other code available it'll give a good start.

Take a look at the documentation here:

http://public.kitware.com/Wiki/CDash:API

I'm not 100% sure, but the "revisionstatus" task might give you the
information that you're seeking.