[Cdash] cdash backup directory not being cleaned up

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Fri Mar 27 17:19:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have another problem with cdash.

The backup directory contains the submitted .xml files.
I have in my cdash/config.php file
$CDASH_BACKUP_TIMEFRAME = '48'; // 48 hours

According to this, the .xml files older than 48 hours are supposed to be
cleaned up when new submissions arrive.
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CDash:Administration#Backup_mechanism

This is not the case for me.  My backup directory is accumulating and contains
files from the distant past.  Much more than 48 hours ago.

Is anyone else seeing this, or could it be specific to my setup?
For example, I install cdash in a version specific folder, and then make a
softlink for apache.  I don't know if something like that would prevent the
cleanup.  Permissions shouldn't be a problem because apache can put the files
there, so it should be able to remove them.

Clint