[Cdash] Interpreting CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS Output

Allen Barnett allen at transpireinc.com
Mon Oct 6 13:43:08 UTC 2014

We recently tried turning on CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS for our CTest posts to
CDash. We're using CMake 2.8.12.2 and CDash 2.0.2. I guess I'm not sure
what I'm looking at now on the CDash warning pages. For example, we run a
pdflatex step during our build. This has always produced a mountain of
messages like:

LaTeX Warning: Citation `Tobin' on page 88 undefined on input line 313.

as LaTeX struggles to complete the cross references. It seems like CTest
used to ignore these warnings but CDash is now saying that there is 1
warning from our pdflatex step and showing the entire output of the
program.  Of course if you look at the output from pdflatex, there are 100
lines with the text "warning" on them.

Is this what I should expect? Each program step that produces a warning now
counts as 1 warning in the CDash report? And that the entire output from
the step which causes a warning shows up on the warnings page? (Instead of
a few lines around the detected warning as it before.)

Also, is there a way to stop CTest from flagging all the warnings from
pdflatex?

Thanks,
Allen