[Cdash] Upload to CDash fails for huge tests amount

Matějů Miroslav, Ing. Mateju.Miroslav at azd.cz
Mon May 19 13:48:14 UTC 2014

Hi Julien,

Thanks for your advice. I have set CDASH_ASYNCHRONOUS_SUBMISSION to true and my submissions are processed correctly now – but only after running cdash/processsubmissions.php manually (following http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cdash/2014-January/001405.html). However, the processing does not start automatically. I tried to find some documentation about CDash Asynchronous submissions with no success. The only useful page is http://www.kitware.com/source/home/post/59 but it does not mention what (apart from the config file) should I do to process the asynchronous submissions. I’m supposing it should work automatically (without setting cron, for example) after reading the mail archive mentioned above.

The server configuration does not allow to access localhost (or 127.0.0.1) using HTTP, I have to use the local IP address to access webpages. So I’ve set the following values in cdash/config.local.php:

$CDASH_USE_HTTPS ='0';
// Name of the server running CDash.
// Leave empty to use current name and default port.
$CDASH_SERVER_NAME = '192.168.2.105';
$CDASH_SERVER_PORT = '';
// If the remote request should use localhost or the full name
// This variable should be set to 1 in most of the server configurations
$CDASH_CURL_REQUEST_LOCALHOST='0';
$CDASH_CURL_LOCALHOST_PREFIX='cdash';
$CDASH_BASE_URL='';
// Define the location of the local directory
$CDASH_USE_LOCAL_DIRECTORY = '0';

Is that correct? I miss any documentation of these variables except the comments (which do not help when I’m not the “most”). I am not sure with CDASH_CURL_LOCALHOST_PREFIX, the full path to process submissions manually is http://192.168.2.105/cdash/cdash/processsubmissions.php.

Best regards,

Miroslav Matějů