[Cdash] Compilation time per target

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 07:28:10 UTC 2014

On 06/03/2014 01:02 PM, Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> On 16/05/14 11:15, Nils Gladitz wrote:
>>
>> On 05/16/2014 09:07 AM, Julien Jomier wrote:
>>> Bonjour Mathias,
>>>
>>> This is not currently possible as this information is not readily
>>> available from the native build tools. We are looking into potential
>>> options using the CMake launchers.
>>
>> I did try to set up something like that before ...
>> I pushed what I could still find to
>> https://github.com/ngladitz/cmake/tree/launcher-timings in case anyone
>> is interested.
>>
>> One issue that I tripped over and afair haven't resolved is that with
>> the ninja generator the reported targets did not seem to be always
>> correct; it seemed to work ok with the Makefile generators.
>>
>> Nils
>>

> Any progress on this?
> Does it work and will it be included in a future release?

I've set up a simple example project for the branch in action:
   https://gist.github.com/ngladitz/43fd252af53ebf503f9b

My trivial test project: CMakeLists.txt, myexe.cpp, mylib.cpp, mylib.cpp
The commands I ran are in: commands.sh
The output file I got under Testing/20140605-0720: ProcessStats.xml

I myself haven't been working on getting this into CMake.
Also because I lack the CDash specific parts.

Nils