[Cdash] CDash asynchronous submission and "Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction"

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 08:09:39 UTC 2014

I still get errors like these in my CDash log:
	(BuildFailure Insert): SQL error: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try
restarting transaction

Even though I am now using asynchronous submission.
This mostly seems to happen for a tiny project with multiple short
builds (each ~30 seconds) coming in in quick succession.

Shouldn't these now be handled in sequence?
Is there anything else that might be blocking these inserts?

Nils