[Cdash] Lock timeouts after MySQL MyISAM -> InnoDB migration

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 09:09:31 EST 2014

On 01/09/2014 02:53 PM, David Cole wrote:
> Are all of the submissions queued and pending processing?
>
> Click on the "Monitor / Processing Statistics" link on the My CDash
> page to see what's queued...
I see 5 pending submissions for 2 projects and "Nothing is currently
processing..."

I saw cdash/processsubmissions.php being called manually in an earlier
thread so I gave that a try ...

The first time (per project) I called it I got something like:

    begin processSubmissions.php
    no argc, context is web browser or some other non-command-line...
    projectid='5'
    force=''
    AcquireProcessingLock returned true
    Table 'errorlog' was not locked with LOCK TABLESSQL error in
    ResetApparentlyStalledSubmissions-1():Table 'submission' was not
    locked with LOCK TABLES
    Done with ResetApparentlyStalledSubmissions
    Table 'errorlog' was not locked with LOCK TABLESSQL error in
    ProcessSubmissions-1():Table 'submission' was not locked with LOCK
    TABLES
    Done with ProcessSubmissions
    Table 'errorlog' was not locked with LOCK TABLESDone with
    DeleteOldSubmissionRecords
    ReleasedProcessingLock returned true
    end processSubmissions.php

On consecutive invocations for the same project I got:

    begin processSubmissions.php
    no argc, context is web browser or some other non-command-line...
    projectid='5'
    force=''
    AcquireProcessingLock returned true
    Done with ResetApparentlyStalledSubmissions
    Done with ProcessSubmissions
    Done with DeleteOldSubmissionRecords
    ReleasedProcessingLock returned true
    end processSubmissions.php

The submissions have been processed and removed from "Monitor /
Processing Statistics".

> If there's nothing in the cdash.log, perhaps something shows up in the
> php error log or apache error log related to trying to use curl on the
> localhost to process the async submissions.

I tailed apache's error.log but there were no fresh entries between
scheduling and submission.
There were php warnings before that because I missed a semicolon in the
CDash configuration earlier so I think I was at least looking at the
right log.

Nils