[Cdash] Can we update CDash's embedded simpletest?

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Thu Jan 31 23:36:03 UTC 2013

SimpleTest 1.1.0 has been available since 23/01/2012, more than a year now. (see http://www.simpletest.org/)

I recently installed XAMPP 1.8.1 on a Windows box, which includes apache 2.4.3, php 5.4.7 and MySQL 5.5.27.

The only problem I had trying to run a dashboard for CDash on it was a slew/ton of php warnings and errors related to the older simpletest that is embedded in the CDash/tests/kwtest/simpletest directory.

When I updated it to the above SimpleTest 1.1.0 (I just downloaded it and copied on top of the CDash simpletest directory), and then fixed a couple of things that had changed (the attached patch), I had a reasonably good dashboard result:

http://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=CDash&filtercount=3&showfilters=1&filtercombine=and&field1=site/string&compare1=63&value1=carrock.dlrsoftware&field2=buildstarttime/date&compare2=83&value2=2013-01-29&field3=buildstarttime/date&compare3=84&value3=2013-01-30

Would it be ok to update the embedded simpletest directory in CDash and apply the attached patch so that I can run a dashboard on this platform?

Thanks,
David

P.S. -- (the attachment is only 1K large... if it doesn't come through to the list, let me know, and I can reply again and just copy/paste it inline)