[Cdash] cdash API

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Oct 3 14:48:39 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 9:59 AM, David E DeMarle
<dave.demarle at kitware.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 9:35 AM, David E DeMarle
> <dave.demarle at kitware.com> wrote:
>> I'm looking for more information on cdash's external API.
>> See:
>> http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=8225
>>
>> Is there more to the documentation of the API than this?
>> http://public.kitware.com/Wiki/CDash:API
>>
>> I am hoping to write some python scripts that produce additional
>> reports that you can't easily get off a given project's website and
>> thus take a lot of manual effort to build up.
>>
>> Specifically:
>> * for a given project, day, and section, produce a table that shows
>> every test that fails and the lists of machines that fail it (i.e.
>> test -> submission instead of submission -> test)
>
> http://open.cdash.org/api/?method=build&task=sitetestfailures&project=VTK&group=Nightly%20Expected
> Seems like what I am looking for in this case.
>
>> * for a given project, day, and section, produce a table that shows
>> every compilation warning and the list of machines that produce it
>> * for a given project, day, and section, produce a table that shows
>> all submitters configurations (what is the platform and option space
>> coverage)
>> * across many projects, show the submitters and the start and stop
>> times of their submissions
>>
>> Any information that shows how to go about doing that will be appreciated.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> David E DeMarle
>> Kitware, Inc.
>> R&D Engineer
>> 21 Corporate Drive
>> Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
>> Phone: 518-881-4909

There is also this page, where you can click "Show Filters" and search
on many different fields. It would be nice to add "group" as a
possible query parameter here:

http://open.cdash.org/queryTests.php?project=VTK&date=&limit=200&filtercount=1&showfilters=1&limit=200&field1=testname/string&compare1=63&value1=

You can get to this page initially by clicking on the "Dashboard" drop
down menu, and choosing "Tests Query."

And there is also this page, which does have "group" selection
capability, but lists all failing tests alphabetically:

http://open.cdash.org/testOverview.php?project=VTK&date=

Found under "Dashboard" > "Tests"

Have you considered contributing to CDash and figuring out how to add
a page (or modify an existing page) rather than just having some
python scripts on the side? I'm sure many, many others would
appreciate and benefit from adding this type of thing directly to
CDash.

HTH,
David C.