[Cdash] Submitting individual test results to CDASH before complete test set is complete

Hendrik Meiring hmeiring at emss.co.za
Tue Nov 20 11:23:58 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am a new CTEST/CDASH user with a setup shown at the bottom of the e-mail.
The tests listed in the CMakeList.txt file are correctly run and submitted to CDASH after completion of all the tests in the CMakeList.txt file using either 'ctest -S runscript.txt' or 'ctest -D Experimental'.

The amount of tests listed in the CMakeList.txt file is however significant and test execution is time consuming so we have the need to get the results of the individual tests after they have been run. Are there an easy way to do this or must I adapt my CMakelist.txt file to include fewer tests at a time?

Regards
Hendrik

CTestConfig.cmake

set(CTEST_PROJECT_NAME "Bla")
set(CTEST_NIGHTLY_START_TIME "01:00:00 UTC")
set(CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY "D:/workspaces/maintenance")
set(CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY "D:/workspaces/maintenance")
set(CTEST_DROP_METHOD "http")
set(CTEST_DROP_SITE "test_manager")
set(CTEST_DROP_LOCATION "/cdash/submit.php?project=Bla")
set(CTEST_DROP_SITE_CDASH TRUE)

CMakeList.txt

# define minimum cmake version
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)
set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}")
INCLUDE(CTest)
ENABLE_TESTING()
FIND_PACKAGE(Squish)
IF (SQUISH_FOUND)
SQUISH_ADD_TEST( some parameters )
SQUISH_ADD_TEST( some parameters )
ENDIF (SQUISH_FOUND)

runscript.txt

include("CTestConfig.cmake")
ctest_start(Experimental)
ctest_test(BUILD "${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}")
ctest_submit()