[Cdash] Duplicate build entries with CDash 2.0

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Feb 8 22:16:39 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Peter Colberg <peter at colberg.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 07:01:11PM -0500, Peter Colberg wrote:
> > I recently upgraded my local CDash installation to version 2.0.0,
> > and noticed duplicate build entries in project dashboards.
>
> Could you pinpoint me to the code sections which collect build entries
> from database and display them? Do you have any hints on debugging the
> code?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

It's the unfortunately exceedingly complex sql query starting on line 705
of the main index.php file (as of svn trunk right now, revision 3149).

My guess is that there's some subtlety in there where duplicate build ids
are possible with PgSql, but do not show up with MySQL... There should be a
uniqueness enforcement on buildid in that query, but I am uncertain how to
add that constraint such that it works in all cases, (filtered, subproject,
...)

Those results are further processed by php code that follows the query.
Perhaps it would be easiest to enforce the buildid uniqueness constraint in
php code instead...