[Cdash] CTest/CDash reports lots of false errors for Autotools projects

Marcel Loose loose at astron.nl
Tue Jul 26 08:19:49 UTC 2011

(Posted yesterday to cmake at cmake.org)

Hi all,

I have a dashboard running for a project that consists of several
external packages that are built using the GNU Autotools. I get a lot of
false errors in my dashboard. Here are some examples:

        configure: WARNING: cannot find 'swig' program. You should look
at http://www.swig.org
        ../../lib/autoconf/fortran.m4:255: AC_LANG_COMPILER(Fortran 77)
is expanded from...
        /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4:4170: _LT_LINKER_SHLIBS is
expanded from...

Browsing cmCTestBuildHandler.cxx I noticed that the above messages
indeed match one of the regexes in cmCTestErrorMatches.

        ":[ \\t]cannot find"             # matches first line
        "([^ :]+):([0-9]+): ([^ \\t])"   # matches second and third line

I know I can create exception regexes, but I'm wondering whether the
current set of regexes may be overcomplete?

Best regards,
Marcel Loose.

--
Marcel Loose
Senior Software Engineer, Computing Group R&D, Astron, the Netherlands