[Cdash] CDash / Gerrit

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Aug 11 18:16:08 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Roland Schulz <roland at utk.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in the thread
> http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cdash/2011-March/000944.html Bill
> mentioned that cdash at home is used to automatic trigger builds for new
> gerrit commits.
>
> My question: How do you trigger the build from gerrit? Do you use the
> gerrit streams (
> http://gerrit.googlecode.com/svn/documentation/2.1.2/cmd-stream-events.html)
> or do you poll gerrit/git regularly to see whether a build is required?

We have a fairly simple python script that connects to the gerrit server via
ssh and listens to the event stream.

> Is the code to do this available?

It contains the secret key we use for communicating with the CDash Web API,
so we are keeping it private. (In the future, we could scrub it and clean it
up for public consumption, but right now, it's not in a state to go public
today.)

> Also do you already have some code to automatically let CDash review "+1/-1
> verify" depending on whether the build succeeded?

No. We just have links to the builds that were kicked off by a build request
posted as a comment. See, for example, the comments by the "Kitware Robot"
user here:

  http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,2432

Which points to this CDash view of the builds that were initiated:

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=Insight&filtercount=2&field1=buildname/string&compare1=63&value1=recursiveVanHerkinclude&field2=buildstarttime/date&compare2=83&value2=2011-8-10

HTH,
David