[Cdash] CDash nightly build and git

Julien Yann Dutheil jy.dutheil at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 13:31:28 UTC 2010

Dear Julien,

Thanks for the fast answer! I am using the latest cdash (1.6.4), and also
did the "cdash update" in the maintenance section. My problem is that I
can't set up the repository: I go to administration -> project ->
repository, and then type a path in the 'repository' field, then click on
'update project', and the field is empty again, while nothing is saved in
the database. Therefore the nightly build probably can't grab the source
code in order to build the project...

All the best,

Julien.

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Julien Jomier <julien.jomier at kitware.com>wrote:

> Dear Julien,
>
> Which version of CDash are you using?
>
> Also the 'Nightly' builds are similar to 'Experimental' except that they
> don't show up in the same group/track. It's is unrelated to the Nightly
> build. That said, if you want to get access to the nightly update (which
> might be what you are talking about), you need to setup the repository in
> the web interface.
>
> Let us know if that's the case,
> Julien
>

> On 26/10/2010 10:49, Julien Yann Dutheil wrote:
>
>> Dear CDash developers,
>>
>> Please accept my apologize if I'm posting to the wrong place...
>> I'm trying to configure a CDash dashboard for our projects
>> http://biopp.univ-montp2.fr/cdash/ . We are developing a set of C++
>> libraries, configured using cmake, under a git repository.
>> Following the available cdash documentation, I have set up the
>> dashboard, and committing 'Experimental' build works without problem.
>> However, I can't get the nightly build working. One thing I notice, is
>> that I can't set up the repository path using the web interface. When I
>> click on 'update', an empty field always comes back, and the
>> 'repositories' table in mysql remains empty. I have manually added an
>> entry in this table, but it is never displayed on the webinterface.
>>
>> Any suggestion will be very welcome.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Julien Dutheil.

Julien Dutheil, Ph-D
Junior Researcher
0 (+33) 4 67 14 32 61
Intitute of Evolutionary Sciences - Montpellier
University of Montpellier 2