[Cdash] Installing CDash 1.6.4 on RHEL 5

Larry Procter larry at transpireinc.com
Fri May 28 22:01:41 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have been trying, without success, to install the latest version of
CDash on RHEL 5. The upgrade steps listed on the wiki failed as well as
using the "backwardCompatibility" php scripts.  I finally realized that
my version of PHP is not 5.3.x or better. Since Red Hat "manages"
everything, I had to resort to finding the latest source (php 5.3.2) and
screwing around with the "configure" options until I found a "trick" in
this thread:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=24314&forum=41

Specifically:

        # cd /usr/local/lib
        # mkdir mysql
        # cd mysql/
        # ln -s /usr/include/mysql include
        # ln -s /usr/lib64/mysql lib

        I then used the following in the configure switches:

        --with-mysql=/usr/local/lib/mysql \
        --with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock \
        --with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config \

Now I'm at least able to view PHP pages, but I'm not sure how to
properly configure MySQL support.

My question is:

Is the latest version of CDash available on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5?
If so, how does one configure and install all the correct pieces
(Apache, MySQL and PHP). Red Hat's "managed" approach is a real pain
because the best I can do is get PHP 5.1.2 via the rpm packages.

What is the latest version of CDash that will install on RHEL 5?

Thanks