[Cdash] Fwd: upgrade to 1.6.2 failures

Julien Jomier julien.jomier at kitware.com
Mon Mar 15 21:37:02 UTC 2010

On 3/15/2010 4:51 PM, thehighhat wrote:
> some notes...
>
> Upgrade took about an hour for about 10 GB.  The backup/cdash.log file
> did not appear for about 20 minutes after the upgrade started.  As
> mentioned in the wiki, the applying patches and spinner did not go
> away, even after the updrade done message appear in the log.

It took about 9 hours for a 80GB database, so we are in the ballpark :)
The good news is that the compression of the test should decrease the
size of the database in the long run and subsequent upgrade should be
faster hopefully.

I know that some browsers time out after a certain period of time, even
if the PHP script still runs in the background. We might want to add
another scheduled ajax request to check if the ugprade is actually done.

Thanks for the report,