[Cdash] Fwd: svn update problem

Tobias Kaupp t.kaupp at marathon-robotics.com
Sun Mar 28 22:27:20 UTC 2010

Hi,

I ran into an issue with our scripted ctests when "svn update" requires
interactive user input (example below). Ctest knows that it cannot determine
the current revision of the repository but then decides the project is up-to-
date and proceeds happily with building and testing the old code. This lead to
build-errors not being discovered for a while since no updates ever happen and
no emails are sent.

Would it be possible to flag this error on the dashboard (and complain to the
cdash admin via email)? Should I file a bug report?

Thanks!

Regards, Tobias

==== Output of svn update on the command line ===
svn up
Error validating server certificate for 'https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:xxx':
 - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
   fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
 - The certificate hostname does not match.
 - The certificate has expired.
Certificate information:
 - Hostname: snipe
 - Valid: from Sun, 15 Mar 2009 13:33:57 GMT until Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:33:57
GMT
 - Issuer: Marathon Robotics Pty Ltd, Sydney, NSW, AU
 - Fingerprint:
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? p
At revision 2877.
=============================

==== Output of nightly ctest  =======
   Gathering version information (each . represents one updated file):
Problem determining the current revision of the repository from output:
?      orca/src/libs/orcaice/Testing

   Project is up-to-date
======================================

Dr Tobias Kaupp
Research Fellow

The Australian Centre for Field Robotics
The Rose St Building, J04
The University of Sydney, NSW 2006
Australia

Phone:  +61 2 9036 7057