[Cdash] Submitting test results manually to test group other than Continuous, Nightly or Experimental

Larry Procter larry at transpireinc.com
Tue Jun 15 16:28:48 UTC 2010

Thanks Julien.

  I have already done this, creating a build group called "Weekly". In
addition, based on information I found on the Wiki for running CTest and
CDash without CMake
(http://public.kitware.com/Wiki/CTest:Using_CTEST_and_CDASH_without_CMAKE).
When I run my tests, which require 17 hours to complete, everything
submits fine and the results show up on the dashboard under the "Weekly"
group as expected. The issue I need to address is how can I manually
send the update, build, configure, and test "xml" files in the event
that the cURL transmission fails?  I ask this because we occasionally
have network issues here and I submit manually by running the target
platform "make" file, in this case, "nmake NightlySubmit".
Unfortunately, there is not target built for "Weekly", so I can't use
this method.

It looks like I may need to reverse-engineer the "submit.php" script in
the CDash sources and figure out how to feed it the correct parameters
in the GET string via cURL. I hope not though.  I would rather learn how
to make CMake configure a "WeeklySubmit" target.

Thanks again,

Larry