[Cdash] OPTIONS parameter of the ctest_configure() command

Larry Procter larry at transpireinc.com
Wed Jun 23 16:53:11 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have been struggling with successfully passing multipls command line
options to the "ctest_configure()" command.  The online documentation
states:

        The OPTIONS argument specifies command line arguments to pass to
        the configuration tool.

I am attempting the following:

        ctest_configure(
           BUILD        ${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}
           SOURCE       ${CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY}
           OPTIONS      "-DVENDOR_DIR=D:/vendors
        -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=d:/regress/unit/transpire/target
        -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release"
           RETURN_VALUE config_result
        )

PLEASE NOTE: The OPTIONS line is on a single line; my email client has
introduced the line break.

This result in the following entry in the CMakeCache.txt file:

        //No help, variable specified on the command line.
        VENDOR_DIR=/vendors/i686-Windows-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/regress/unit/transpire/target -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release

Also, the values for CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX and CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE are set
to the default values, not the ones I specified.

It is obvious that the options I pass are not being interpreted
correctly and that they are seen as a single string.  I have tried the
"separate_arguments()" command as well as escaping quotes within the
OPTIONS string.

How may I pass multiple options?

Thank you,

Larry