[Cdash] [Insight-developers] Dashboard: Normalizing TIMEOUTS

Julien Jomier julien.jomier at kitware.com
Wed Jan 20 15:14:39 UTC 2010

Luis,

I like the idea very much and it seems that the work Zack (in CC) did
for running CTest in parallel might help. Basically newer version of
CTest generates a file with the time each test took to run, then on the
next submission CTest uses the times to schedule the parallel runs
efficiently.

The plan in the future is to have CTest download the test time history
from CDash which is consistent with your idea. I think it would be good
to log a feature request (if not already documented) either in CMake or
CDash bug tracker and maybe point to a wiki page.

Julien