[Cdash] Remove builds problem

Tobias Kaupp t.kaupp at cas.edu.au
Sun Nov 8 02:27:22 UTC 2009

Hi Julien,

> Note that if you are using MySQL and MyISAM tables, the database size
> might not change until you optimize it.

That was the right hint. I ran an "OPTIMIZE TABLE" SQL query on all tables
using phpMyAdmin and that brought down the database size.

Thanks for you help!

Regards, Tobias

> Julien
>
> Tobias Kaupp wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > my cdash database has grown very large, so I've just tried to delete old
> > builds using the [Manage Backups]->[Remove builds] button on the web
> > interface. It didn't work (cdash version 1.4.2).
> >
> > The browser's request never finalises even if I specify very short time
> > periods for deletion. I actually have to restart the apache server
> > because I can't get the browser out of that "hanging" state (HTTP
> > requests to non-cdash files still work). I couldn't find any error traces
> > in the apache or mysql log files.
> >
> > Independently, I also set $CDASH_AUTOREMOVE_BUILDS='1' in config.php and
> > configured my project to autoremove older builds. This didn't seem to do
> > anything (I waited for a day).
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Regards, Tobias

Dr Tobias Kaupp
Research Fellow

The Australian Centre for Field Robotics
The Rose St Building, J04
The University of Sydney, NSW 2006
Australia

Phone:  +61 2 9036 7057