[Cdash] Access violation

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 18:14:32 UTC 2009

2009/6/17 Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>:
> I forgot to mention that the failing tests were different each night.
> Usually 2 bogus failures. I think I reported it on the cmake or cdash
> list in response to another user that was having a similar problem.
>
> Bill
>
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Bill Lorensen<bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I had a similar issue a few months ago. On one of my nightly build
>> platforms, I had intermittent failures.
>> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewTest.php?buildid=230868&onlyfailed
>>
>>  Although the tests returned a passing value, they crashed with a seg
>> fault. This is a Fedora Core 9 system. After a while, the problem went
>> away.

Looks like a spurious memory corruption problem.

Dan,
If your problem is repeatable you may try to run ctest (for the failing test)
from within valgrind using --trace-children.

Something like

valgrind --trace-children --time-stamp=yes  --log-file=ctest-trace.txt
 ctest <appropriate argument>

may be you can catch something?

--
Erk