[Cdash] Cdash setup questions (was RE: [CMake] Trouble starting ctest run with intention of reporting to dashboard)

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Jun 10 22:25:55 UTC 2009

There's not a reason it can't work... but you may be the first to try naming
a project with spaces *and* +'s in it...

So, there are probably a handful or two of places in the CDash code where a
project name is assumed to be space-free... There is a CDash mailing list,
too. (I've cc'ed it here...) Perhaps an entry in the CDash bug tracker is in
order.

However, for now, to get up and running quickly, I'd encourage you to rename
your project to "QpidCpp" without any escape-ish type characters in it. The
project name in CDash, the PROJECT statement in your top level
CMakeLists.txt file and the CTEST_PROJECT_NAME value in CTestConfig.cmake
should all match each other exactly, case included.

HTH,
David