[Cdash] Newbie questions: Dart1 import and project deletion

Martin Apel martin.apel at simpack.de
Tue Apr 28 10:19:09 EDT 2009

Hi David,

unfortunately I cannot make the server publicly accessible, because I
cannot open up our firewall. Strange that 1.0.9 should be Dart2 ;-)

Thanks a lot,

Martin

David Cole wrote:
> Sounds like a Dart2 server to me... 1.0.9 was a Dart2 version number I
> think...
>
> Is the dart server still running and is it publicly accessible? If you
> could point us to its main page, we could tell you if it is a dart1 or
> dart2 server...
>
> If it is Dart2, we do not have any easy way to import the data from
> that system.
>

> HTH,
> David
>

> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Martin Apel <martin.apel at simpack.de
> <mailto:martin.apel at simpack.de>> wrote:
>
>     Julien Jomier wrote:
>     > Hi Martin,
>     >
>     > Welcome to CDash!
>     >
>     >
>     >> 1. I'd like to import the Dart1 files into CDash, but there isn't a
>     >> "Sites" directory in my Dart1 installation. The documentation
>     says, I
>     >> should give this directory
>     >>     to the import process. Is the documentation wrong or is my Dart
>     >> installation too old?
>     >>
>     >
>     > The XML files send by clients to Dart1 should be in the "Sites"
>     > directory, however they might be somewhere else, or not saved at
>     all (in
>     > that case CDash won't be able to import them). Could you check
>     if you
>     > have any files named "*Build.xml", "Update.xml" in your Dart1
>     directory?
>     >
>     >
>     Thanks for your quick reply. I scanned the directory for
>     xml-files, but
>     there are non matching the
>     above naming scheme. There are a few like Project.xml, Server.xml, but
>     probably this means, that
>     the submissions have not been saved. It's not really important, but it
>     would have been nice, if I could have
>     imported the old data.
>     >> 2. Accidentally I created two projects with slightly different
>     names in
>     >> CDash. I'd like to get rid of one of these, but haven't found a
>     way, how
>     >> to delete a project.
>     >>
>     >
>     > If you login as administrator of your project, then under the
>     "Actions"
>     > column for the project you want to delete, click on "Edit
>     project" then
>     > click on the last tab "Miscellaneous" and you should see the
>     delete button.
>     >
>     >
>     I found the button in the meantime. I had searched for it at the top
>     level of administration commands.
>
>     Thanks a lot
>
>     Martin

Martin Apel                                     Tel:     0049 8153 9288-47
Software Architect                              E-Mail:  martin.apel at simpack.de

INTEC GmbH                                      Tel:     0049 8153 9288-0
Argelsrieder Feld 13                            Fax:     0049 8153 9288-11
82234 Wessling                                  E-Mail:  intec at simpack.de
Germany                                         URL:     http://www.simpack.com