[Cdash] CDash submission problem

Matthias Brantner matthias.brantner at 28msec.com
Tue Oct 7 15:04:57 UTC 2008

Julien,

unfortunately, I also encountered this problem for our project.
We have several nightly submissions each having approx. 15000 tests.
I already changed the PHP variables to

max_execution_time = 1500;
max_input_time = 1500;
memory_limit = 1000M;

With these settings the submission is sometimes parsed successfully.
However,
it does not always work.

I looked at the code and I've seen that the full submission is stored
in an array
which is afterwards written into the database. Would it be an option
to use a SAX parser and
immediately write each submission into the database, i.e. without
creating the big array but do
it in a streaming fashion? I think this could dramatically reduce the
submission time and the
main memory usage.

Maybe our test submissions are a to big for the scenarios CDash was
designed for.
What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

Matthias