[Cdash] Postgres install getting Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object : Solved

Markus Grabner grabner at icg.tugraz.at
Tue Nov 25 21:47:16 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, 25. November 2008 schrieb Julien Jomier:
> Chris,
>
> It seems that CDash cannot connect to the database, maybe because the
> username/password are incorrect.
>
> Try adding this to the line 254 in pdo.php
>
> catch(PDOException $e)
>    {
>    print_r($e); // line to add
>    return false;
>    }
>
> and see if that gives some information.
> I'm having some more issues installing the PGSQL database and I'm
> currently tracking them down, if you have any more issues let us know.
The postgres layer in cdash relies on some of the features of the mysqlcompat
package:

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/mysqlcompat

Moreover, I had to apply the attached patch to mysqlcompat to be able to use
it. Maybe this information should also go into the cdash wiki page.

	Kind regards,
		Markus

--
Markus Grabner - Computer Graphics and Vision
Graz University of Technology, Inffeldgasse 16a/II, 8010 Graz, Austria