[Cdash] Postgres install getting Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object : Solved

Julien Jomier julien.jomier at kitware.com
Tue Nov 25 18:09:07 UTC 2008

Chris,

It seems that CDash cannot connect to the database, maybe because the
username/password are incorrect.

Try adding this to the line 254 in pdo.php

catch(PDOException $e)
   {
   print_r($e); // line to add
   return false;
   }

and see if that gives some information.
I'm having some more issues installing the PGSQL database and I'm
currently tracking them down, if you have any more issues let us know.

Julien

Chris J. Garrett wrote:
> Version.php says 1.2.1
> Thx,
> Chris
>
> ----- "Julien Jomier" <julien.jomier at kitware.com> wrote:
>
>> Chris,
>>
>> What version of CDash are you using?
>>
>> Julien
>>
>> Chris J. Garrett wrote:
>>> Just wanted to post this in the hopes it can help someone tripping
>> up on the same error:
>>> Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in
>> /CSI/server/cdash/cdash/pdo.php on line 207
>>> I had to install php-dev and pdo packages. On ubuntu this looks
>> like:
>>> sudo apt-get install php-pear
>>> sudo pecl install pdo
>>> sudo apt-get install php5-dev
>>> sudo pecl install pdo
>>> sudo pecl install pdo_pgsql
>>>
>>> I also had to change the database type in config.php to:
>>>
>>> $CDASH_DB_TYPE = 'pgsql';
>>>
>>> HTH
>>> Chris