[Cdash] database support in cdash

Markus Grabner grabner at icg.tugraz.at
Tue May 20 20:26:31 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, 22. April 2008 17:39 schrieben Sie:
> Markus Grabner wrote:

> >> It would be the "unofficial version 1.1" so you would be able to test it
> >> from SVN. We just create branches for releases.
> >
> > Ok, then I will stay tuned and see how it evolves (and if I can maybe
> > contribute somewhere).
>
> Thanks a lot Markus. I'll definitely keep you in the loop.
I just did a quick hack to add an additional layer between the CDash code and
the database. It works as follows:

*) There is a file "pdo.php" which contains "pdo_*()" counterparts of
all "mysql_*()" functions used by CDash.

*) If "$CDASH_DB_TYPE" is defined, calls to "pdo_*()" are routed to the
corresponding PDO member functions.

*) If "$CDASH_DB_TYPE" is undefined, calls to "pdo_*()" are routed directly
back to their "mysql_*()" counterparts. This is for backward compatibility,
should PDO not be available.

*) The script "transform.sh" replaces all occurences of "mysql_" in the PHP
code by "pdo_" and modifies "config.php" accordingly. *NOTE*: it does a
recursive "svn revert" before, so any uncommited changes will be undone.
Please commit before trying it!

I set up a "toy project" and was able to browse the CDash pages using the
PDO_MYSQL driver. It is far from complete and requires some extra work to
support other databases (replace MySQL-specific code), but I think it's a
useful proof of concept and doesn't require dramatic changes to the code base
right now (a clean solution would certainly be to "inline" all the "pdo_*()"
function calls, but that's a different - and much more tedious - story).

What do you think about it?

	Kind regards,
		Markus

--
Markus Grabner - Computer Graphics and Vision
Graz University of Technology, Inffeldgasse 16a/II, 8010 Graz, Austria