[Cdash] database support in cdash

Julien Jomier julien.jomier at kitware.com
Tue Apr 22 15:11:53 UTC 2008

Markus Grabner wrote:
>> PDO support is not in progress but we can make it a priority if you need
>> it quickly. It will probably have to wait the 1.2 release though.
> It would make it indeed a lot easier to employ cdash since we already have a
> PostgreSQL server up and running at our site, but no MySQL server, and it
> would give more "peace of mind" with respect to future database migrations.

Great. We have some PostgreSQL servers here as well so we should be able
to test it correctly.

>> I think it would be faster to change the queries manually.
> Seems to be a tough job, there are 2388 lines containing "mysql_" in the
> current revision 856, that's why I thought some (semi-)automatic process
> would be useful here...

I'm not saying it's an easy job :) but the return function from
mysql_query() is different with PDO, so we have to change everything
accordingly, that's why I would expect a semi-automatic process might be
difficult.

>> I'm going to
>> give it a try when I get a chance. If it works well, it might be
>> available soon.
> Ok, please let me know when you proceed with that. I'm also willing to help if
> I can. So far, however, I only used the mysql_ functions and the Pear DB
> classes, but PDO should not be too different I guess.

The plan is to tag and release CDash 1.0 early next week. Then it will
be my first priority.