[Cdash] CDash Performance and ITK

Julien Jomier julien.jomier at kitware.com
Mon Apr 7 21:50:09 UTC 2008

Bill,

Yes, CDash is now running on a dedicated machine.

The performance are not optimal but it takes less than 15 seconds to
generate the test summary page (compared to the 30-50 seconds previously
reported). We haven't touch the "Nightly Changes" part, so you shouldn't
see any improvements there.

Remember that everything is generated dynamically and the database is
currently 12.5GB, so don't expect to get the same speed as Dart1 (and
even Dart2), there is a trade-off between waiting 1-hour to get a new
dashboard and 5s to get a new view.

That said, I'll look at some PHP caching, when I get a chance.

Julien