[CastXML] Fwd: using castxml to generate control flow graph

Ranadeep Biswas ranadeep at cmi.ac.in
Sat Oct 1 07:50:11 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I am doing this project that needs to parse a c/c++ program and generate
its control flow graph so that I can do some analysis on it. Can this be
done using castxml?

I tried to use castxml to generate xml output to build the CFG, but I can
not generate the output as per my need. I could not find any good
documentations. May be I am missing something.

Consider this very simple c++ program.

// foo.cpp
int main(){
  int x, y;
  x = 0;
  y = x + 3;
  return 0;
}

now I run `castxml --castxml-cc-gnu g++ --castxml-gccxml foo.cpp`. It
generates `foo.xml` file, but xml file contains a lot of other tags. But I
don't find tags for variable x and y. Also is it possible to trim the
output, so that I can get tags for only main, x, y and relevant types?

Thanks,

Ranadeep
MSc CS 2nd year
Chennai Mathematical Institute