[CastXML] Output castxml

Uğur Büyükdurak ugurbd at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 06:17:11 EST 2015

Hello everybody,

I am finally able to install castxml on my machine. But when I try to use
it, I am getting errors that doesn't make sense to me at all. Kind of
errors I wasn't having with gccxml actually.

For example when I try to run a simple header file on castxml I am getting
the following error,

error: '--castxml-gccxml' does not work with c11, although I use no C++11
syntax whatsoever.
Without --cast-gccxml option, I am having errors that have no meaning at
all. For example

./deneme.h:3:1: error: unknown type name 'using'
using std::cout;
^
./deneme.h:3:10: error: expected ';' after top level declarator
using std::cout;
         ^
         ;
./deneme.h:3:11: error: expected identifier or '('
using std::cout;
          ^
./deneme.h:4:1: error: unknown type name 'using'
using std::endl;
^
./deneme.h:4:10: error: expected ';' after top level declarator
using std::endl;

There is nothing wrong with the source file syntax.

One more thing is when castxml comes across an #include statement it simply
gives an error like this

#include <iostream>
         ^
1 error generated.

Which is something I had never had problem with gccxml.

Am I missing something?
I installed castxml from Ubuntu repository with .deb that is compatible
with Ubuntu 15.10
I have clang 3.7.0 installed on my machine. Both are 64 bit.

this is the output from castxml --version

castxml version 0.1-g8a08a44

CastXML project maintained and supported by Kitware (kitware.com).

Ubuntu clang version 3.6.2-+rc1-1~exp1ubuntu2 (tags/RELEASE_362/rc1) (based
on LLVM 3.6.2)
Target: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix

Regards,