[CastXML] CastXML Support?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri May 15 09:04:52 EDT 2015

On 05/14/2015 03:52 PM, Anthony Scopatz wrote:
> I was just wondering what kind of support this project
> is going to have in the long term.  Clang is notorious
> for breaking their APIs and so it seems like any solution
> based off of Clang will have to be fairly robust and updated
> frequently.

Yes, Clang does document up front that their API is not stable.
We do plan to update CastXML as Clang changes.  So far Clang
3.6 is the only release supported because it is the first to
contain the changes we contributed that CastXML needed.  We
do build against post-3.6 development versions too.

CastXML is the successor to gccxml for ITK wrapping and so will
be maintained as part of that toolkit's maintenance.

-Brad