[cable] CableSwig: Python wrappers don't wrap public member data

Steven Levitt slevitt at siac.com
Wed Sep 10 18:23:03 EDT 2003

CableSwig doesn't wrap public data members? To be succinct, that stinks. I
have a specific need to wrap many C structures in Python, and hand-coding
the SWIG interfaces is an onerous task. I was hoping CableSwig would do
this more efficiently.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful for the time and energy you and the ITK
developers expend in making these tools publicly available, but this
(mis)feature, and any other variations from standard SWIG behavior are
things that that the ITK developers should have documented and made clear.
I might have saved all the time I spent just trying to get CableSwig to
build if I had known this in advance.

I think that the question of whether to wrap public data members ought to
be a matter of the policy of a particular project. CableSwig should remain
neutral on the matter, and offer the feature as an option.

Is there any quick way to hack CableSwig to re-enable wrapping public data
members?

This message and its attachments may contain  privileged and confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are prohibited from printing, forwarding, saving or copying this email.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail and its attachments from your computer.