[cable] CABLE_CLASS_SET (unknown CMake command) (CMake 1.6 - Cable 0.01)

Bertram G. Herzog bertram at bwh.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 29 02:35:51 EST 2003

Hello together,

I try to wrap a project with Cable for TCL-access of the code.

On the Sun (Solaris 8) I encountered the following problems after
getting gcc-xml to work:

After installing CMake 1.6 I try to wrap by the help of Cable 0.01 dev.
version, since it seems much easier with only writing
CMakeList.txt-files when wrapping a hierarchical package-structure (and
have ccmake do the rest) rather than wrapping every original class by
hand with a c++-config file, as shown in the example-file for the
string-class. (Other than that Cable 0.01 is the prominent version used
in our environment.) (I cant't see the compatibility-mode for ccMake any
longer, but might well have lowered it to 1.2 !)

Filling in all the fields by hand in ccmake

 ... (see at the end of the mail) ...

I receive the following errors:

(1.) CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
 /.../bertram/dcmtk-sources/dcmtk/dcmpstat/libsrc/CMakeLists.txt:24:
 Unknown CMake command "CABLE_CLASS_SET".

And, probably as a "follow-up-error" (2.):
" CMake Error: Attempt to add link libraries to non-existant target:
DcmpstatTcl for lib Dcmpstat "

Furthermore didn't I get the TCL-wrap to fully work. The web-pages
suggest in "Building a project with CMake" to set CABLE_TCL_LIBRARY to
the full path of the wrapper facility library (I set it to the
Solaris-generated "libWrapTclFacility.so" (in Cmake/share/Cable/lib),
but also all other somehow WrapTclFacility-related directories won't
work. :-(

Thank you very much for your help,
   Have a nice day,
      Bertram Herzog.

------ccmake configuration---
CABLE
/tmp/bertram/Cable-0.02-build/Executables/cable
CABLE_BUILD_DIR                   /tmp/bertram/Cable-0.02-build
 CABLE_INCLUDE_DIR                /tmp/bertram/cmake1.6/include/Cable
 CABLE_TCL_LIBRARY                /tmp/bertram/cmake1.6/lib/Cable  **
 CMAKE_AR_ARGS                    cr
 CMAKE_CXX_AR                     /local/os/bin/ar
 CMAKE_CXX_LINK_SHARED            c++
 CMAKE_CXX_MODULE_BUILD_FLAGS     -shared -nostdlib
 CMAKE_CXX_MODULE_LINK_FLAGS
 CMAKE_CXX_SHLIB_BUILD_FLAGS      -shared -nostdlib
 CMAKE_CXX_SHLIB_CFLAGS           -fPIC
 CMAKE_CXX_SHLIB_LINK_FLAGS
 CMAKE_CXX_SHLIB_RUNTIME_FLAG     -Wl,-R,
 CMAKE_CXX_SHLIB_RUNTIME_SEP      :
 CMAKE_C_LINK_SHARED              gcc
 CMAKE_DL_LIBS                    -ldl
 CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX             /tmp/bertram/cmake1.6

CMAKE_LIB_EXT                    /tmp/bertram/cmake1.6/lib
 CMAKE_MODULE_BUILD_FLAGS         -shared -nostdlib
 CMAKE_MODULE_LINK_FLAGS
 CMAKE_MODULE_SUFFIX              .so
 CMAKE_SHLIB_BUILD_FLAGS          -shared -nostdlib
 CMAKE_SHLIB_CFLAGS               -fPIC
 CMAKE_SHLIB_LD_LIBS              ${LIBS}
 CMAKE_SHLIB_LINK_FLAGS
 CMAKE_SHLIB_RUNTIME_FLAG         -Wl,-R,
 CMAKE_SHLIB_RUNTIME_SEP          :
 CMAKE_SHLIB_SUFFIX               .so
 CMAKE_TEMPLATE_FLAGS
 EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH
 GCCXML                           /tmp/bertram/cmake1.6/bin/gccxml
 GCCXML_FLAGS
 LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH

** found in the dir:libCableTclFacility.so
-----end of ccmake config -----