[cable] Solaris - Cable with GCC-XML 0.5.dev - error

Bertram G. Herzog bertram at bwh.harvard.edu
Tue Feb 11 04:47:44 EST 2003

Hi together,
after receiving a lot of help from Brad King on how to make Cable run on
Solaris, I still have a rather strange behaviour of my installation.

After loading the correct "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" and having anyting installed
in the correct directories, I get the very next error when calling the
load... command in the tcl-interpreter to run the files (here still the
examples - all the steps before can be done by using the exact same
compilers that were used during compilation of CABLE, GCCXML and CMake!):

couldn't load file "./libStringTcl.so": ld.so.1: tclsh: fatal: relocation
error: file ./libStringTcl.so: symbol
_ZN11_cable_tcl_15ReturnPointerToIKcE4FromEPS1_PKNS_15WrapperFacilityE:
referenced symbol not found

As I read, Gareth Jones also enhaced CMake and CABLE. Perhaps he has some
Ideas he's willing to share.

I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks, Bertram Herzog.