[cable] Mac OS X

olaf evers mathtcl at yahoo.de
Mon Apr 21 15:38:58 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I was able to install rather uncomplicated Cable
on Mac OS X (10.2). I few things however, might make
life a bit easier:

1) The Expat module uses the out of date CMAKE
variable CMAKE_WORDS_BIGENDIAN, this forces you
to go back to CMake version 1.4. One solution is
to add to CMakeLists in the Expat subdir the following
two lines:
INCLUDE(
$(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX)/share/Cmake/Modules/TestBigEndian.cmake)
TEST_BIG_ENDIAN( CMAKE_WORDS_BIGENDIAN )

2) Because of the existance of a subdir Install inside
the CableTclFacility module the "make install" command
does not work. Is it possible to give this subdir a
different name, or will the use of CVS make this
completely impossible?

None the less, Cable is a great product and I am using
it more and more for different applications.

Best regards, Olaf Evers