[cable] using cable problem

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue May 7 11:51:57 EDT 2002

Valery,

> To run this example I wrote:   cable.exe config.cxx -tcl 1.cxx .
>
> I received output file with a wrapper without any problem, but I did
> not find in this file the member variable m_Int . All I saw were a
> wrappers to a member functions. How can I have an access to the member
> variables?

The wrappers are intended only to wrap methods and functions.  You will
have to write access methods to get at member variables.  This is often
the suggested approach for C++ anyway, due to the information hiding
principle.

Future work may add support for member variables, but in this case,
"m_Int" is private so it wouldn't be wrapped anyway.

-Brad