[cable] Problem running Cable compiled with GCC 3.2 on HP-UX 11

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Dec 23 16:30:28 EST 2002

Hi Steven,

I just used your vector_config.cxx file to create Tcl wrappers, so there
is nothing wrong with your configuration code.

> I've tried running Cable on a simple test config file that attempts to
> wrap a std::vector<int>. Cable produces some odd errors on this file.
> From other posts to this mailing list, I understand that the errors may
> have to do with a defect in the iostreams library, but my understanding
> was that the bug only existed in a previous version of GCC.

A work-around has been added to CABLE to prevent this streams library bug
from showing up, so that is definately not the problem.

> I've attached the input config file, the gccxml-config, the error
> messages that result, and the CMakeCache.txt that was used to build the
> Cable executable.

How did you create the gccxml-config file?  The GCCXML_FLAGS setting is
normally found automatically.  Usually the config file is used to specify
the compiler that is to be simulated.

Try running cable like this:

/data/dbk/tools/Cable/0.1/bin/cable \
  vector_config.cxx -tcl vector_tcl.cxx \
  --gccxml /data/dbk/tools/gccxml/bin/gccxml \
  --gccxml-compiler /data/dbk/tools/gcc/3.2/bin/g++ \
  --verbose --keep-xml

This should leave a .xml file behind.  Please send it to me privately to
avoid list clutter.  Please also include the full output from this
command.

Thanks,
-Brad