[cable] cable and cmake in current cvs

Steve Pieper pieper at alum.mit.edu
Fri Apr 19 15:17:32 EDT 2002

Hi Brad -

Thanks a lot for the update.  As there weren't work enough in the world
without needing to keep up with microsoft's "innovations"!

Thanks again too for your help last month with my question about passing
references to methods.  I was happy with the results of my tests and I
think cable is a very promising tool.  I didn't find the configuration
files particularly difficult to read or write -- certainly there was a
big payoff for the effort invested learning the syntax.

The combinatorial explosion of template instantiations does seem like a
pretty fundamental issue.  It would be a shame if it limits ITK to c++
only...the multi-language support has been an attractive (and useful)
feature of VTK.

Best of luck,
Steve