[cable] When are wrapped classes loaded ?

Luis Ibanez ibanez at choroid.cs.unc.edu
Wed Oct 31 10:53:24 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm trying to wrap the ImageIO readers in Insight,
and ran in the following problem:

  Code generation and compilation seems to be doing
  ok and the .so library is created.

  I'm looking forward to use  the ImageIOFactory class
  from a Tcl script. When I check the .so library
  using "nm -C libraryName.so", the Methods of ImageIOFactory
  appear on the listing. However the command wrap::ListClasses
  doesn't show this class. It show correctly other classes
  that have also been wrapped though.

So, my question is : What triggers the loading of a class
in Tcl ?

Is it enough to have the class in the .so library and
just "load" the library ?, or is there something else
that has to be done.

A second question that may or may not be related with this
one:

  If I have a class B deriving from a class A, and I want
  to wrap "B", should I also wrap the base class "A" ?

Thanks

Luis

--
Luis Ibanez                                      CB#:   7060
Research Assistan Professor                      phone: (919) 843 5436