[VTK ARB] Re-Energizing the VTK ARB

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Mon Sep 16 10:14:20 EDT 2013

Several of us in the VTK community would like to reinvigorate the VTK ARB.
If you'd like to continue as a VTK ARB member please respond to this email
sometime during the coming week. Otherwise we'll identify a replacement and
bring them on board. We are also going to resume regular (monthly)
meetings; please make sure that you can commit to that level of involvement.

If you're wondering why now? Despite being 20 years old this year, there
are several exciting projects driving VTK in the near future. As many of
you know, we received a 4-year grant from the NIH for VTK support, with a
particular focus on rendering and community support. We are also seeing
increased interest from the HPC community to improve VTK's many core
capability. Other significant areas of interest include VTK web support, as
well as improvements to the engineering simulation process. The point is
that VTK is still very vital and we need the help of the community to make
sure it remains a premiere toolset for scientific computing.

Best,

William J. Schroeder, PhD
Kitware, Inc.
28 Corporate Drive