[VTK ARB] Git-SVN

Steve Pieper pieper at bwh.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 5 08:41:13 EDT 2009

Hi Guys -

As diligence we should review the ways other projects address similar
issues.  Lately I've been tracking the neuroimaging python project with
uses bzr (similar to hg and git) which has some nice features for
organizing code reviews and merges.

https://launchpad.net/nipy

That said, I've gotten the impression that the team might not pick bzr
again if they were starting over (some complaints about performance and
repository size).

If we know of interesting tools/methodologies we may want to query the
developers using those systems to get feedback on how it works for them
in practice as we contemplate optinons.  As Berk mentioned, this will be
a disruptive change so we want to be sure whatever tool is used will be
stable and workable.

-Steve