< ITK | Release 4Jump to navigationJump to search
SIMPLIFY ITK by allowing easy access of the toolkit from other languages, especially scripting languages, hiding some difficulties (templates, compilation ...) along the way.
Metrics and goals
- Avoid unnecessary dependencies (see Modular ITK)
- faster compilation
- limited compilation ( see modular itk v4 )
- faster re-compile (touching a given .h should not trigger a full re-compilation)
- Wrap 80%+ of the toolkit
- Have ITK behaves in the different languages as close to the native code as possible
- ITK Image to/from target language array conversion
- Target language inheritance (SWIG directors)
- Automatic type selection in Python
- Binary distribution
- Automatic Inline documentation
- Lua ?
- Tcl ?
- see simpleITK
Required Tools and Technology
Installation is detailled here