ITK/Configuring and Building/VisualStudio
< ITK | Configuring and BuildingJump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 15:08, 22 July 2019 by Dzenanz (Link to supported compilers page)
With Visual Studio 2017 on Windows 10 (64-bit):
- Launch the CMake GUI (version 3.15) from the start menu
- Next to "Where is the source code:", click "Browse Source..." and navigate to where you cloned the repository with Git.
- Next to "Where to build the binaries:", select "Browse Build..." and select a place to build the ITK library. I like to use c:\build\ITK. This directory should NOT be inside the directory where you cloned the repository.
- Click "Configure", and then specify "Visual Studio 15 2017" as the generator and "x64" as the platform for this project.
- Choose your build options. I like to uncheck BUILD_EXAMPLES and BUILD_TESTING, because not building them speeds up the build process significantly.
- Click "Generate".
- Click "Open Project". This will start a new Visual Studio instance.
- From the Build menu, choose "Build Solution" (or "Build ALL_BUILD")
The list of currently supported versions of Visual Studio can be found in the repository.