Agile Requirements Development Process
Software requirements are an essential aspect of building an image guided surgery application.
This page describes the way in which requirements are managed in IGSTK.
Phase III Requirements
- Event Dispatcher and synchronization
- Error Event Management
- Generic ImageReader
Phase II Requirements
- Iteration 7 - Add tumor representation, 2D annotation
- Iteration 8 - Add initial Registration capability
- Iteration 9 -
The IGSTK half-year review took place April 11-13 at the ISIS Center in Washington D.C. The entire development was present, so there was ample opportunity to discuss technical and planning issues for the project. In these discussions, and subsequent follow-up tcons, the team agreed to plan for an internal Release 2, developed in 6 monthly iterations. The links to the Wiki areas for the iteration requirements:
- Iteration 4 - Integrate Aurora and Polaris trackers plus some Spatial Object work
- Iteration 5 - Add Logging and Multithreading capabilities, plus an Image SO
- Iteration 6 -
This list is a work in progress, the team has to flesh out requirements beyond Iteration 4.
The iteration 2 kickoff meetings January 3-4 at ISIS included discussions on IGSTK Requirements and the requirements process. The team was concerned about the various nature and sources of requirements, and whether all requirements are in fact "created equal". As a result of these discussions, the team made the following decisions:
- Create a simple taxonomy of Requirements Types for IGSTK
- Determine a Requirements Process that goes hand-in-hand with our Agile philosophy for development
- For critical infrastructure components it is worthwhile to spend the time to do more rigorous analysis and design activities up front.
The links above describe the current IGSTK approach to requirements that the development is expected to adhere to going forward. Several action items to support this approach were taken at the meeting, including updating status in the PhPBugTracker, determining transition conditions for code from the sandbox into the main branch, and creating these Wiki pages.
As part of the agreed upon Requirements Process, the Wiki will be used to create and track requirements within a given iteration. Requirements should also be cross-linked under their corresponding design pages.
IGSTK Release 1 (Advisory review meeting April 2005)
- Iteration 1 - Create a simple demo application (completed 12/23/04)
- Iteration 2 - Finish State Machine integration in the demo application (1/21/05)
- Iteration 3 - Integrate the Aurora Tracker, support with Events, Timestamps, and Errors (3/14/05)
Selected items in the above sets are understood to be of lower priority and may be moved to the second release (e.g. full-featured logging, Exception Handling). Other items not listed here may still be included in this release if they can be completed (e.g. Viewer).