[vtkusers] Is augmented reality with the OpenVR module possible?

BenjaminN13 blackswords at hotmail.fr
Tue Apr 23 10:56:11 EDT 2019

Hello,While looking for a high level framework to create some simple virtual
reality applications, I stumbled upon the OpenVR module of VTK. It looks
very promising but since I have an HTC Vive Pro with two front cameras, I
was wondering if it was possible to overlay virtual objects on top of the
video feed to create an augmented reality app. From what I can read  here
<https://blog.kitware.com/using-virtual-reality-devices-with-vtk/>  , it
seems that it's a single camera rendering the scene from the two points of
view so I don't know if it is feasible to set a different background image
for each eye. If it's possible, can you give me some pointers on how can I
achieve this?Thanks