[vtkusers] Orthographic projection onto arbitrary plane

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu May 31 16:21:47 EDT 2018

Hi Sebastien,

So your goal is to make VTK do an orthographic projection instead of
a perspective projection?  If so then you don't have to build your own
transform, the camera has an orthographic mode that it calls the
"ParallelProjection" mode:

camera = renderer.GetActiveCamera()
camera.ParallelProjectionOn()
camera.SetParallelScale(500.0) # tweak as needed

Set the camera pose in the usual way:

camera.SetFocalPoint(0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
camera.Position(0.0, 0.0, -500.0)
camera.SetViewUp(0.0, 1.0, 0.0)