[vtkusers] Weird problem with vtkAssembly and vtkBillboardTextActor3D

Anton Coetzee anton.coetzee at karasu.co.za
Sun Aug 12 09:41:05 EDT 2018

Hi all

I’m having a weird problem with these two. I’m using a bunch of vtkBillboardTextActor3D, and when I add them individually to the renderer (renderer.addActor), they work fine.
However - when I add them to an assembly, which I then add to the renderer, two things happen:
1. When I list the parts in the assembly, they don’t show up (all the other parts added before them are there).
2. When I add the assembly to the renderer, they do in fact render, but their position is wrong - they’re all at the origin (0, 0, 0).

Is it something stupid that I’m doing?

Thanks!