[vtkusers] Init in VTK 8.0

Wang Q wangq1979 at outlook.com
Tue Oct 31 08:11:52 EDT 2017

Hello there,

I upgraded VTK from 6.3 to 8.0, and tried to execute some legacy code implemented on 6.3. However, after setting up the project include and lib dirs in VS2015, it threw some errors like:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK2001 unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl vtkRenderingOpenGL_AutoInit_Construct(void)" (?vtkRenderingOpenGL_AutoInit_Construct@@YAXXZ) test_vtk D:\develop\C++\projects\test_vtk\test_vtk\test_vtk\Vis3D3Phase_WithPipe.obj 1

My code starts like:
#pragma

#include <vtkAutoInit.h>
VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkInteractionStyle);
VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkRenderingOpenGL);
VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL);
VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkRenderingFreeType);

#include "vtkSmartPointer.h"
#include "vtkImageData.h"

It seems libs are not recognised, but I did update all relating parameters in VS project properties.

In addition, I tried the example of vtkShadows, but unfortunately it said unresolved header file "vtkFrameBufferObject.h".

Any tips would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Chiang